Saturday, April 2, 2011

An interesting sat morning

After a sleepless night with my brain refusing to switch off I find my self in Roselle in a healthy organic shop drinking thick green sludgy juice that actually tastes ok and watching people shop and eat. 
I have to confess that I did buy food.... Yes of the organic type about twelve items in total and when I got to the check out counter the total was 60 bucks!! I nearly choked. 
What is it about organic food that we are willing to pay triple the amount? 
I grew up in fiji and was lucky to have fresh market food every day. It was better than any organic produce I saw this morning and cheaper. 
My friend was getting a shopping lesson on what to buy that is healthy however a number of people were buying simply because they assumed it was healthy. 
I wonder how balanced the rest of their lives are?
Do they cook the food in a heathy way?
Exercise at least 4 times a week?
Have a balance of work life and play
Don't overdo alcohol?
Catch up with family and friends?
Read, go to the movies, have a massage, facial etc
Have a happy healthy loving relationship?
Have work goals that they are on track with and held accountable to?
Know what key things they want to achieve every week biz and personal to have had a great week?
Where are you with this?
 I wonder where the people are who I am watching are with all if this? 
For me it is always a work in progress.... No ones perfect though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment