Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Why oh why is it so fustrating dealing with your own kind?


I am on the market for a property and it just continues to flabbergast me as to how poor the service is from so many agents.

Let me provide you with a list of my frustrations:

a.       Phone calls not being returned

b.      Emails not being responded to

c.       Information not being provided on properties

d.      Poor photography – blurred pictures

e.      Not enough photos

f.        Photos that do not really showcase the home

g.       No floor plans

h.      No follow up from agents – I have to chase them
I am not going to name agents or agencies however be assured that this experience is being provided by a number of different companies and agents, most who the market would consider as being high profile.

Yet the most common issue I hear from agents today is that the market is tough…. Is the market tough or are you making it tough for yourself?
You don’t have to be Einstein or Trump to be successful in real estate, going to conference and taking pages of notes is a complete waste of time and money if you are not prepared to do some simple things. Which are:

a.       Return phone calls and emails in a timely manner

b.      Provide information the client requires to make a decision

c.       Ensure the property regardless of whether it is for rent or sale is showcased

d.      Find out what the client wants and give it to them

e.      Keep in touch and try and be genuine when building a relationship – show that you care otherwise you will not get the business
Move from being transactional focused to relationship and service focused. I was listening to a Red Balloon ad this morning and they aim is to ensure that every client they interact with has a memorable experience.

It isn’t that hard – real estate people – why are we not ensuring that every client we interact with whether online, face to face or on the phone is memorable.
Just imagine an industry where we did provide memorable and exceptional service!

Back onto my search today and I really hope that I meet an agent who frankly just simply returns my call!


No comments:

Post a Comment