Thursday, May 14, 2009

Property Managers be warned you are a favourite topic of conversation

There are many of us who are in the real estate profession that when asked what we do we want to lie.... I have to admit that there have been times when I have been a doctor or a nurse. Why because someone always has a horror story they want to share with you.

It does strike me however that as an industry we are often seen as one rung above a used car salesman and I believe we only have ourselves to blame. Let me explain why.

I was at my hairdressers last week and of course we got chatting as you do and what a surprise she had another story to tell me about her property manager.

Now picture this, the salon is full of people, my hairdresser has a loud voice and there I am sinking further and further into my chair as she regales me with her latest drama.

The property manager concerned works for a high profile agency and it seems that they have provided her with no customer service training.

Calls not being returned, emails not being responded, rudeness on the phone and at routine inspection, talking down to the tenant and not following through on maintenance.

It all sounds very familiar doesn't it? So property managers out there, ask yourselves are you delivering service to your clients regardless of whether they are a tenant or an owner in the way you would want to receive it.

If not then make the changes now because I can guarantee you that you and the company you work for are being spoken about in way that would perhaps make your hair curl.

To business owners out there invest in mystery shop programs, it is the only way you can become a customer of your business to ensure that the highest level of service is being delivered to your clients.

No comments:

Post a Comment