Monday, September 28, 2009

A Virgin WOW experience

As a consultant/trainer I talk to my clients about the wow experience and often I either see blank faces or examples of “wow” that really isn’t a wow at all. If you provide a level of service that is the same as everyone else...people this is not a “wow” experience.
I was on a flight from Fiji to Sydney a few weeks ago on Virgin Blue and a fellow passenger experienced a “wow” moment.
Somehow and I suspect that a fellow traveller told the Virgin steward that it was Bills birthday so just as we were descending into Sydney airport they announced it to the passengers, got us all to sing along and then to all of our amusement sang a rendition equivalent to the Marilyn Munroe version.
Now why is it that I classify this as a “wow” experience, well firstly we all laughed, it became memorable, I am sure Bill is still telling everyone, I am writing about it so the WOW has turned into a WOM = word of mouth.
How many times does this happen in your business? Or are your people so busy simply keeping up doing their jobs that their ability to deliver WOW so it turns into WOM does not exist or isn’t even on the radar. Are you the same as every other agent in town?
Remember a brand name isn’t just what brings you in the businesses, the memorable experiences you create is often far more powerful.

No comments:

Post a Comment